Walking young lives out of poverty You can change lives today! Make a gift
How to ApplyHow Can Taller San Jose Help You?
Taller San Jose helps young people, who are out of work and out of school and who are uncertain about where to go for help, re-connect to the workforce and build a future.
Last year, Taller San Jose made 227 job placements for young men and women just like you! Taller San Jose’s program includes:
- Hands-on training in Construction, Healthcare or General Business Administration
- $100 weekly stipend during the skills training portion of the program
- Individual Counseling
- Classes on effective parenting, anger management, healthy relationships and financial health
- Assistance to strengthen Math and English skills
- Resume and interview help by job coaches
- Job placement
- Information about local training and certification programs
- Links to ongoing education and help with financial aid
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete an application.
- Provide a government-issued photo ID.
- Provide a social security card.
- Complete a pre-assessment and interview.
- Pass a pre-hire drug screen.
WHAT TO EXPECT
At Taller San Jose you will learn about the Steps to Success, receive support services and complete a short-term (16-20 week) job training program.
STEPS TO SUCCESS
- Complete your high school education.
- Master basic computer skills.
- Get your driver’s license.
- Register to vote.
- Open and use a bank account.
- Remain crime and drug free.
- Secure a job the pays more than minimum wage.
- Substance abuse case management
- Help with criminal or legal issues
- Childcare and transportation assistance, if eligible
- Job placement services
- Training for entry-level clinical positions in healthcare.
- Covers measuring vital signs; drawing blood; dosage calculations; assisting physicians with examinations; basic life support certification; healthcare software training and basic computer skills.Training includes a 4 week externship with local community clinic or medical group
- Graduates are hired as medical assistants.
- Training for administrative office positions in healthcare and business settings.
- Covers basic accounting, medical billing/coding, medical terminology and scheduling and coding software.
- Graduates are hired as AP/AR Clerks, Medical/Dental Insurance Representatives or in Small Business Office Management.
- Training for administrative positions.
- Provides Microsoft Word and Excel certification, and professional development training.
- Graduates are hired as administrative assistants, receptionist, office clerks, customer service representatives or data entry operators.
- Training for the construction industry.
- Covers construction theory and safety principles.
- Graduates are hired as framers, drywall hangers, roofers, plumbing or electrical interns.