Walking young lives out of poverty You can change lives today! Make a gift
How to ApplyHow Can Taller San Jose Help You?
Taller San Jose helps young people, who are out of work and out of school and who are uncertain about where to go for help, re-connect to the workforce and build a future.
Last year, Taller San Jose made 227 job placements for young men and women just like you! Taller San Jose’s program includes:
- Hands-on training in Construction, Healthcare or General Business Administration
- $100 weekly stipend during the skills training portion of the program
- Individual Counseling
- Classes on effective parenting, anger management, healthy relationships and financial health
- Assistance to strengthen Math and English skills
- Resume and interview help by job coaches
- Job placement
- Information about local training and certification programs
- Links to ongoing education and help with financial aid
Do you Qualify?
- Are you pregnant or do you have children?
- Have you been involved in gangs or do you have a criminal history?
- Did you drop out of high school?
- Did you finish high school and are unsure about how to get more training?
- Are you unemployed?
- Are you low income?
- Are you committed to making a cha nge in your life?
If you are between the ages of 18 and 28 and have right-to-work documents and any of the above, then please visit Taller San Jose or contact us at 714-543-5105 to see if you are eligible to enroll.
Steps to Enroll
Visit Taller San Jose’s main office to fill out an application. Bring with you a driver’s license or valid California identification and a social security card or work permit. Taller San Jose’s enrollment process includes:
- A TABE test to determine basic skills level
- A drug test
- An interview with an Enrollment Specialist
This Guide to Progress and Success Outlines your two-year relationship with Taller San Jose.