Walking young lives out of poverty You can change lives today! Make a gift
Construction and Green
Housed in a 10,000 square foot warehouse, apprentices acquire essential hands-on skills in the building trades while learning how to adhere to basic employment principles. Led by a licensed general contractor, the 16 week training program focuses on the fundamentals and incorporates:
- safety training and OSHA regulations.
- material handling.
- industry related math proficiency.
- hand tools.
- power tools.
- powder actuated.
- construction theory.
- drywall installation.
- timely frame installation.
- work ethics.
- employability skills.
Apprentices participate in two hours of daily math training. Classes concentrate on:
- math skills needed for basic construction principles.
- estimating material costs.
- reading blueprints.
- additional construction fundamentals.
Upon successful program completion, all graduates are awarded a fully-equipped tool belt to bring with them to their eventual job site. Graduates are hired as framers, drywall hangers, roofers, or plumbing or electrical interns.